In 2012, the IFMA Foundation awarded $165,000 in scholarships and conference travel grants to more than 40 students, and in 2013 awarded more than $150,000 to 35 students at IFMA’s World Workplace in San Antonio and Philadelphia respectively. Student awards included both a scholarship towards the pursuit of their FM degree and fully paid travel and attendance at the conference. Since 1991, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.1 million to hundreds of aspiring FM professionals.
These scholarships change lives and are a principal strategy and creating the next generation of FM professionals.
Students: For information or an application, click here »
Sponsor an FM student scholarship in 2014 - click here for details »
The FM Scholarship Program is a great offering to deserving FM students that demonstrate exceptional educational work and activities. The FM Scholarship Program is not only a great way to support the FM profession and the IFMA Foundation, but can also:
- Bring an added level of exposure to your chapter, council, company or FM organization; and
- Offer a way to pay tribute to those who have gone above and beyond in service by naming the scholarship in their honor.
Your chapter, council, company or organization can offer a scholarship through the IFMA Foundation in a number of ways:
- A one-time scholarship donation.
- An annual scholarship with funds provided by your organization through fundraisers, locally managed investments, etc.
- Establishment of a scholarship fund within the IFMA Foundation.
All scholarships granted through the Foundation must be a minimum of US$1,500, plus US$1,500 to allow the student to attend IFMA’s World Workplace and for travel, meals, accommodations and other Foundation expenses related to the program. Students and scholarship sponsors are recognized at the annual education reception at World Workplace, and are published in the award-winning Facility Management Journal, Foundation newsletter, Foundation Celebration program, press releases, Foundation website and other outlets.